Taxis are readily available but are not metered; rates are negotiable and should be negotiated before you get in. Unfortunately, the Cabo taxi drivers’ union is quite powerful, with the result that Cabo is notorious for some of the highest taxi rates in Mexico.
There are many car rental agencies in Los Cabos, most of which have names familiar to travelers in the Americas. If you are staying in a villa or plan on many day-trips that are not covered by a resort or timeshare shuttle, then a rental will likely be a more cost-effective option. However, you should rent a car only if you are experienced in Mexican driving and/or are fluent in Spanish. If you are renting a car, you need to get third party liability due to Mexican law.
There are also transportation companies that provide shared and private transportation in shuttle vans, Chevy Suburbans, Cadillac Escalades and more:
Filled with natural landmarks and a number of prominent monuments, the city of Cabo San Lucas has plenty of character, particularly around its coastline. From January to March, a must see is the whales, they come to Cabo during this period of time and many boats can take you out to sea to watch them. In early March, they are particularly abundant.
- Land’s End— Known for its exceptional views and photo taking opportunities, this area is comprised of a large cluster of rock formations that were carved into fantastic shapes by wind and sea. During low tide, many visitors like to walk here along Playa del Amante (Lover’s Beach) because it allows for a better view of an eroded passageway called the Arch of Poseidon. You can also observe Los Frailes, two rock islets that are frequented by sea lions.
- Church of San Lucas(Iglesia de San Lucas). Boasting many original features, this church, almost 300 years old and has been well maintained.
- Cultural Center(Casa de la Cultura). Features a tall mirador tower and is surrounded by beautiful gardens and overlooks all of Cabo.
Scuba Diving & Watersports
Scuba diving Is especially good in Cabo, because you can watch the sandfalls under the water. It is an amazing spectacle provided by nature. If you are looking for something more relaxed perhaps you want to go to Lover’s Beach or to one of the multiple romantic restaurants in Cabo. Cabo is also a good surfing destination, since many of the beaches on the east cape road pick up the southern swells. The beaches are accessible through the coastal road on the way to cabo pulmo. Particularly, shipwrecks beach is a favorite spot during the summer months,.
- Cabo Eagle Divers. Your dive, snorkel shop in Cabo. What you and your family deserve. email@example.com, 52 624 1439286
- Cabo Vacationers Contact. We will reserve all your daily activities for you: snorkeling, sunset tous, atv´s, horse back riding and luxury services like private yachts and villa rentals with chef services transportation included! email- firstname.lastname@example.org. www.cabovc.com .
- Cabo Submarine. This is an easy way to see the fish and aquarium world without getting wet. The office is in the marina, and they have special pricing for contacting them directly from the website. The Semi Submersible is 60 feet long and air conditioned.
- Picante Bluewater Sports, Puerto Paraiso Local 39-A Cabo San Lucas, ☎011-52-624) 143-2474 (email@example.com). American-owned with English-speaking crews; yachts ranging in size from 24′ to 68′. Prices start at US $325 to $3850.
- Cabo Surf Safari, ☎1 888 557-3330. Lessons available courtesy of professional surfing instructors. Surf tours are arranged with hotel pick-up and lunch included.
- JT Watersports. They offer parasailing, wave runners, kayaks and snorkeling. They also have a sunset cruise that will take you out to explore Lovers Beach or “El Arco”. They have new top of the line equipment and they are completely mobile, so they can cater to your needs anywhere in the East Cape area of Baja California Sur. They are on Playa Medano in Cabo San Lucas.
Cabo is known around the world as a top fishing destination. The meeting of the waters of the Pacific ocean and the Sea of Cortez creates a nutrient rich environment where sport fish thrive. Marlin, sailfish, tuna, dorado and wahoo are the most commonly targeted species. Cabo boasts one of the largest sport fishing charter fleets in Mexico. Charters range from pangas, open “semi-dorry” type skiffs, to 60 foot+ luxury sport fishing yachts. Prices for a day of fishing start around $175 for 5 hour panga trips, from $450 for 8 hour trips on 26-30 footers and into the $1,000 to $5,000 per day for boats from 34-60 feet.
- Minerva’s Baja Tackle and Charters, ☎Toll Free from US & Canada – 1 (888) 480-7826 (firstname.lastname@example.org). English speaking crews, boats ranging in size from 31′ to 40′ with bare boat or all-inclusive rates. Charter prices run from $600US to $900US.
- Checkmate Sportfishing, ☎From US: (703) 203-1008. 31′ Bertram. Charter rates from $475. English speaking crew.
- Slippery Lizzard Sportfishing, ☎From US: (770) 573 0334 (email@example.com). NOTICE _ THIS PLACE HAS TERRIBLE REVIEWS ON TRIPADVISOR.COM -Upscale charter boats and sportfishing yachts from 28′ – 68′. Full service charters with everything included (licenses, bait, drinks, beer, ice, lunches, tackle and equipment) with rates from 550 USD for a full 8 hr day. English speaking crews and American guides.
- Reggae Jungle Cruise, (firstname.lastname@example.org). Continental breakfast, snorkeling, lunch and whale watching while cruising along two different reefs that are astoundingly beautiful. Children under 10 go free.
- Jazz and Wine Tour aboard the Tropicat, ☎+52 624 143-3797 (email@example.com). Sail the Pacific on a large sailing catamaran. Enjoy a breathtaking sunset while listening to the best contemporary jazz music. International bar serves premium wines and hors d’oeuvres.
- Cabo Trek, ☎+52 624 174 31 60 from U.S. TOLL FREE= 1 844 851 9842. Best Whale Watching Tour Operator in Cabo San Lucas: Marine Biologist on board of every tour as well as Hydrophone and U/W camera to guarantee a unique whale watching experience. Small groups on fast and comfortable boats.
- ATV offroad adventures, ☎011 52 (624) 142-5300 (firstname.lastname@example.org). One of the more popular ways to see and explore Cabo. Discover the sights from the seat of an ATV or a mountain bike, on a guided tour through sand dunes, desert, mountain and beach. Half day trip costs US$85 and includes an ATV or mountain bike, rappelling gear, expert tour guide, rappel instructor, energy bars, all beverages and round trip transportation in an air conditioned van.
- Sierra Buggies(Road Runner Tour), Calle Nopal 19 Colonia Magisterial, ☎ 011/52 624 1307623. 9.00AM and 2.00PM. Buggy rides in the Boca de la sierra mountain range along mountain trails lined with all kinds of cacti and rocky dry river beds that will test your driving skills, and onto to one of the few UNESCO protected biosphere reserves in México and a swim in one of the Sierra’s hidden freshwater pools. 230.00 usdlls dbl and 150.00 usdll sgl.
- The Cabo San Lucas Glass Factory. A really fun place for the entire family to visit. Touring the glass factory, you get to witness a first hand glimpse into the centuries-old art of glass blowing.
- Whale Watch Cabo, ☎+52 624 105 9336. Small group 2.5 hour whale watching tours with biologist quides.