Due to the very low population density which leads to limited public transportation, and spread out nature of the sites (Cappadocia is a region, not an area), one may want to consider either renting a car or hiring a tour package.
- Underground cities.Up to 8 stories of underground tunnels and caves in Kaymaklı and Derinkuyu (cost 15 TL each), Gaziemir, Özkonak (free, but closed as of Oct 15, 2011 until further notice) or Mazıköy.
- Old greek houses in Sinasos
- Göreme Open Air Museum(cost 20 TL pp as of August 2014)
- Ihlara Canyon
- Dark Church in Goreme Open Air Museum
- Zelve Open Air Museum
- Gümüşler Monastery, (10 km from Niğde in the village of Gümüşler).Spectacular monastery carved in rock, hidden from the outside world. Dated at 10-11th century and only recovered in the 1960s. The ticket seller speaks some English and can give you a tour. The monastery has some well preserved frescoes, including the only smiling (Mona Lisa style) Madonna in the world. 3 TL.
- Hiking– Following the paths along the valleys is an amazing (and free) option. Check with your hotel owner or the tourist office for a map of the area with suggested walks and trails. There are several nice loops on packed dirt, sand and rock, that maintain a constant elevation and pass through the scenic valleys. However, please be aware of your surroundings, as some less-traveled trails are frequented by packs of stray dogs who may exhibit aggression toward perceived threats.
- Güvercinlik (Pigeon) Valley– You can hike the Pigeon Valley between Göreme and Uçhisar. The 4km trail starts from the road near the Ataman Hotel on the south side of Göreme or on the paved road on the north side of the hill where Uçhisar Castle sits in Uçhisar. Both trailheads are signed. Stick to the more traveled trails and you will have no trouble finding your way on this moderately hilly hike. The path through the valley offers spectacular views of the natural cliffs and the man-made caves and passes through a few tunnels carved into the rock.
- Rose Valley, (From Çavuşin, Ortahisar and Kızılçukur).Beautiful green valley.
- Cross Golf.Cappadocia is a national park and its natural environment must be protected for everyone to enjoy today and in the future.Cross Golf uses the natural features of the landscape to challenge even the most experienced golfer. The fairy chimneys, fascinating rock formations and flora and fauna in the unique environment of Cappadocia remain unaffected by Cross Golf.
- Cappadocia trekking in ihlara valley, atv safari , monestry valley trekking in guzelyurt.
- Ballooning.Cappadocia is known around the world as one of the best places to fly with hot air balloons. The spectacular surrealistic landscapes combined with excellent flying conditions allow the balloons to gently drift over and between fairy chimneys, pigeon houses hewn into the unique rock formations, orchards and vineyards – through impressive valleys, each with distinctive rock formations, colors and features – and then float up over rippled ravines for breathtaking views over the region.