Jämtland County is a division of the Norrland region in Sweden, containing the Jämtland province (archaic spellingJemtland), as well as the smaller province Härjedalen. Among travellers, the area is best known for winter sport and hiking.
Settlements in Jämtland are far from each other. Car is often the most suitable travel method.
- Norrtåg has trains Storlien-Åre-Östersund-Sundsvall with more intermediate stops.
- Inlandsbanan has tourist trains Mora-Sveg-Östersund-Dorotea and further north.
- Länstrafiken Jämtland has buses within the county.
The Scandinavian Mountains, fjällen.
- Nidaros Way, the pilgrim route to Nidaros Cathedral in Trondheim.
- Södra Kungsleden, a hiking
- Winter sports: Cross-country skiing, alpine skiing and Telemark skiing.