The town can comfortably be covered on foot, but a car or motorcycle is useful for exploring the surrounding areas.
- Mill Colonade.Popular gathering place. Bands play here in the summer.
- Hot Springs.There are 12 hot springs – you can get a list and descriptions at the Infocentrum.
- Rock Spring – Skalni Pramen.Spurts 1.3 liters of water per minute.
- Geyser Collonade – Vridlo.6am-7pm. Spring that spurts 2000 liters of water per minute in a 14m jet. Free.
- Lazne III.Beautiful spa building.
- Lazne I.Beautiful spa building housing Franz Josef’s baths.
- Diana Lookout Tower,Vrch přátelství 5/1, ☎ +420353222872. You can take the funicular railway or take a beautiful walk through the spa forest to get here. The funicular from colonnade street costs 40Kc, 80Kc return. Outlook tower (with elevator) entrance is free of charge and provides bird´s eye view over Karlovy Vary and surroundings. You can find restaurant (est. 1914) with forest terrace and minizoo there as well. Diana is Nr. 1 in “Things to do” category voted by visitors of Karlovy Vary (tripadvisor, 11.7.2013). Free.
- Karl Marx Monument.
- Church of St. Peter & St. Paul.Built in 1897. 5 golden domes and colorful exterior were modeled on the Byzantine Church of the Holy Trinity near Moscow. The interior of the church is decorated with paintings and icons, gifts of wealthy Russian aristocrates. One of the decorations is a relief representing Russian Tsar “Peter the Great”.
- Church of St. Lucas.Anglican church.
- Karlovy Vary Museum,Nova Louka 23. 9am-12pm & 1pm-5pm Wed-Sun. Local history. Adult: 30Kc; Child: 15Kc.
- Jan Becher Museum,Masaryka 57. 9am-5pm. Dedicated to the local inventor of Becherovka. Adult: 100Kc; Child: 50Kc.
- Castle Spa – Zemecke Lazne.7:30AM-7:30PM. Modern spa center. €20 for 1 hour, €80 for 4 hours including massage.
- Open Air Thermal Pool,Bazen (on the cliff above Hotel Thermal). 8AM-8:30PM. Includes sauna and fitness club. 40Kc per hour.
- Food Festival Karlovy Vary,in the front of the Thermal Hotel. 3rd May.
- Karlovy Vary International Film Festival.Early July.
- International Student Film Festival.Late august.
- Karlovy Vary Folklore Festival.Early September.
- Jazzfest Karlovy Vary.Early September.
- Dvorak Autumn. Classical music.
- Golf Resort Karlovy Vary,Pražská 219, ☎ +420 353 331 001 (email@example.com, fax: +420 353 331 001). March-October. The course underwent a rapid renovation, which included the building of a new clubhouse, an irrigation system, and new tees. The Karlovy Vary golf course becomes one of the most prestigious European golf establishments.