On land: On foot, only, as there are neither roads nor motor transport.
On sea: By chartered boat, only, as there are no regular connections.
You may wish to wear long pants, sunglasses and a hat as you walk in the interior.
The main reasons to travel to Komodo National Park are the Komodo Dragons, the superb beaches and the unspoilt corals.
Keep in mind that there are also wild pigs, monkeys and horses on Pulau Rinca, one of the two largest islands in the park.
If you return by sea at night, you can also see legions of flying foxes (fruit bats whose wing span may exceed 4 feet) flying in the twilight sky.
At night on the Flores Sea, you also have a magnificent view of the stars.
Depending on the time you have available, one or more guided tours on the islands of Rinca and Komodo itself. Please note that it is neither permitted nor advisable to do any tours without local guides, as the Komodo Dragons are dangerous when they attack.
This area is inhabited by more than a thousand different fish species, making it one of the world’s richest marine habitats. You may also swim in the Flores Sea on your incoming or outgoing boat trip to one of the islands. Beware of sharp corals on the sea floor near some of the small islands.
- Kanawa Island Diving, Kanawa Island, Flores (on Kanawa Island an hour out of Labuan Bajo on the edge of the Komodo Marine Park), ☎+62 821 44802882. Based on Kanawa Island and working alongside Kanawa Beach Bungalows, 14 rustic bungalows located on the beach with restaurant and daily free transfer from Labuan Bajo. Offers daily 2 or 3 dive trips into the marine park as well as diving day and night from the beach on the house reef. A full range of PADI courses from Discover Scuba to Divemaster. The position of the island on the edge of the marine park means a saving on travel time to the dive sites in the central and northern areas of Komodo Marine Park.
- Komodo Liveaboards(Komodo Liveaboards). Komodo Dive Liveaboards (Rinca Islands Liveaboard) cruise gives divers the ability to explore some of the most pristine and diverse marine habitats on the planet, while living right on the Komodo Liveaboard diving boat.
- Komodo Kayaking(firstname.lastname@example.org), Eco-Lodge hotel, ☎ +628175730415. Many of the islands in the chain are either inaccessible to large boats or difficult to access. However with a sea kayak, you can travel anywhere you like. Into small grottos and bays, around rocky points and slowly above shallow reefs brimming with fish.
- Sea Kayaking and SUP’ing Komodo Islands(email@example.com), Komodo Islands, ☎ +61395988581. There are dozens of uninhabited islands within and just outside the Komodo National Park. Many of these are only accessible by unmotorised vessels such as sea kayaks and SUP’s. These trips are the only full supported expeditions in the park using proper expedition style sea kayaks, not sit on tops. This agency uses these sit in kayaks as the seas can get turn from tranquil to treacherous quite quickly, and a proper sea kayak is the only vessel that can handle it safely.They also have a 20-meter support boat. People taking this trip sleep on isolated beaches by pristine reefs, stay in safari style tents with bush showers and toilets available, and eat wonderful Indonesian cuisine. There are 3-day and 5-day sea kayak and SUP trips all year round with the best times of year for paddling between April and November. From $1800.
- Wicked Diving, Komodo, (Located on Main Road in Labuan Bajo – next to Treetop restaurant), ☎+62 821 46 1165538 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Small dive center in Labuan Bajo operating their own Komodo liveaboard for 4 and 7 day tours. Offering daytrips, training and snorkeling tours.
- Flores spa, Jl soekarno hatta labuan bajo. Pamper yourself with a professional treatment, from reflexology to full body massage, remedial treatments and sunburn remedy. It is the favorites of all the divers.
- Blue Marlin Dive Komodo(email@example.com), Jalan Soekarno-Hatta, Labuan Bajo, ☎ +62 (0) 812 376 6496. Offering day boat and liveaboard guided trips, full services for open-circuit and rebreather (CCR) divers, equipment sales and diver training in a purpose-built pool. Ikan Biru, newly refurbished liveaboard, continues to provide custom itineraries around the marine park. Equipped with modern marine safety equipment and an extremely experienced crew. Featuring a rooftop restaurant and accommodation.
Flores Komodo Expedition (Main Road across TransNusa Airline Office), Jl. Soekarno Hatta, Labuan Bajo, Flores, NTT, Indonesia, ☎ +62 85239816967 firstname.lastname@example.org. Flores Komodo Expedition organises boat cruises to the Komodo National Park to see the dragons in their natural habitat. The snorkeling tours lead to wonderful islands with white sandy beaches and colorful coral gardens. During the overland trekking and sightseeing tours in Flores one can visit Kelimutu three coloured crater lakes, vulcanos Ebolo and Inerie and all the Megalith Villages in the area of Bajawa.